You like the metal manicure of pop dives and photo models? Want to learn how to create a gorgeous manicure, but you don’t know where to start? In the article you can learn how to use foil for nails and create with its help a great design.
Types of foil.
Before you learn how to use the foil for nails, you should consider the varieties of this material. There are several types of foil, which differ in texture and the way they are applied to the nail plate. Some masters practice an innovative method of applying special liquid foil for nails, this method is somewhat easier and faster, but has a number of subtleties and features.
It should be remembered that to create a beautiful manicure, ordinary foil is not suitable, and even if there is a beautiful wrapper of candy, it should not be used for design.
Foil in sheets is sold in the form of small plates, there is no special adhesive layer on it, so it is easy to cut various patterns out of this type of foil. To glue the foil to the nails, you should buy a special adhesive, which will easily stick to the nail. This kind of glue is often used to create a mirror or metal manicure. It can be used for any flight of fancy, so how to use foil for nails depends on you.
The peculiarity of this type of foil is its ability to copy the picture on the nail plate. This kind of foil is produced in small rolls, placed in closed jars. The material is a tracing paper with different colored sputtering, as well as a variety of drawings and intricate hieroglyphs. The width of the roll is about three centimeters, the length is one meter. The material is easy to use, so it is well suited for home nail art. More information on how to use the transferable foil for nails, you can learn by reading the article in full.
Sold in sheets of small size, in this form there are matte shades, has a textured, rough surface. Most often it is used in conjunction with other species or to create a pattern on one of the nails.
The film is easy to use and requires no additional materials. A distinctive feature of this type of film is the way it is applied to the nail platinum. Having chosen the right size of the material, it should be taken by the corner with tweezers and brought to the ultraviolet lamp for heating. The heated film can be immediately attached to the nail plate, without using an additional adhesive base.
Ribbons and stickers.
A special kind of material, on sale in the form of two-layer strips. The top layer is colored, the bottom layer is transparent or white. The color range of ribbons is diverse, there are: monochrome, multicolor, with patterns, as well as with stickers stripes. Adhesive tapes are easy to use, so have gained popularity among beginners nail-art.
Wrinkled foil is sold in special containers. It is very thin, like a sousal. In the vessel the material is placed in a reaped, crumpled form. It has gained wide popularity in creation of aquarium manicure on the grown nails.
The stages of creating a manicure with foil.
To create any manicure and master new techniques you need special tools. To make a manicure with the help of foil at home you need to have patience in the first place, and the second – to buy all the materials listed below.
- Necessary tools:
- Cuticle remover;
- Manicure set with a file;
- The lacquer is the base;
- Degreasing liquid;
- Special foil of any shade;
- Glue, if there is no adhesive base on the foil;
- Ultraviolet lamp;
- Special stick.
In order to create a design with the use of foil, it is not enough to choose a quality base material, it is also necessary to choose the right adhesive. Glue can be bought both in special shops and online. The main thing is to read reviews about the product while buying adhesive through the Internet.
Before using adhesive for foil, the nails need to apply the basic color of lacquer. Only after full drying of the base, you can use the glue, applying a thin layer of it to the entire surface of the nail plate. When the glue changes its color, only then, you can glue the nail film, otherwise the foil may stick badly or not stick at all.
Use of transferable foil and glue.
The following instructions describe in detail how to create a manicure at home using natural nails.
- Remove the previous coating from your nails.
- Do European or trimming manicure.
- Using a nail file, give each nail the desired shape.
- Polish nails, using a baffle, the abrasiveness of which is 300 grids.
- Degrease nails.
- Apply the base.
- Dry everything under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Remove the adhesive layer with a special cloth.
- Colorize nails in a color similar to that of foil or apply a transparent base.
- Dry under a UV lamp.
- Remove the adhesive layer.
- If you use a simple lacquer, then steps 7-11 do not need to be done.
- After the lacquer has dried out, completely smear the nail plate with glue. If you need to make a pattern, only a certain part of the nail is treated with glue.
- Wait a few minutes, depending on the glue company, until the coating becomes transparent.
- Apply the inner, white part of the foil to the area where the glue was applied.
- Using a cotton swab or other improvised object, spread the foil evenly over the nail surface.
- After a few seconds, the foil should be removed from the nail with a sharp movement to the side.
- After 2 hours, the nail surface should be finished with a gel finish. If you do this earlier, the foil may shrink.
For tear-off foil, it is better to use glue, as the material from which the sheet foil is made is more rigid, and can stick badly to the nail.
Working with foil without glue.
If you don’t have glue on hand or don’t want to spend money to buy it, you can use foil to create a beautiful design without applying glue in advance. The easiest way to work without glue is to buy adhesive tapes or stickers. If there is no adhesive transferable foil or sheet foil, then both ordinary varnish and gel varnish will be suitable for work.
How to use foil for nails without glue:
Follow the first six points of the above instructions;
- Cover each nail with a primer, wait for it to dry completely without using a lamp;
- Cut the sheet metal into ten pieces or tear the reaped foil into small pieces;
- If the film is transferable, it may not be cut;
- Apply the base;
- Allow time for complete drying under the lamp;
- Choose the color of the gel lacquer, paint each nail;
- Place the nails under the lamp for a few minutes, until completely dry;
- Without removing the sticky layer, apply the foil to the nail;
- Distribute and level the foil evenly over the entire area of the nail;
- Remove the transfer film sharply (for another kind of this item to skip);
- Apply the finish on the surface of the nail with foil ;
- Allow to dry under the ultraviolet lamp;
- Remove the adhesive layer after drying.
One of the most popular and most convenient types of film. In addition to the standard set of tools, a hair dryer or lamp is required to work with thermal film. Foil is often sold in the form of a plate, on which ten stickers are glued, resembling a nail plate. Stickers can be different colors, with colored patterns or just monochrome. Before you create a design, you need to get your feet in order, doing manicures and degreasing your nails.
Depending on the selected base and the main lacquer, you will increase the design time. If you choose a gel varnish, it must be dried under the lamp and then remove the sticky layer. If you take the usual varnish for the base, it is enough just to wait for the full drying.
Next, use tweezers to peel off the foil and heat it up a little. Apply the heated form to the root of the nail plate, carefully pulling the nail to the tip. After applying, the foil should be flattened well and the excess pieces removed with a file. Fix the result with a special tool.